Horse Physiotherapy in Cheshire
All horses can benefit from physiotherapy from eventers to the family pony.
- Muscular tears, strains, atrophy and pain
- Joint stiffness, arthritis
- Tendon/ligament injuries
- Nerve damage and neurological issues
- Neck, back and pelvic problems including kissing spines and sacroiliac problems
- Adaptive back pain from lameness or poorly fitting saddle
- Reduced performance
- Schooling issues including bucking, rearing, napping, refusal to jump or stiffness on one rein
- Rehabilitation following surgery
- General musculoskeletal checks for maintenance
- Pre and post competition treatments
The Lame, Injured or Post-Surgical Horse
Following veterinary diagnosis a combination of manual and electrotherapies and controlled progressive exercise programme can assist soft tissue healing and rehabilitation; reduce pain and inflammation, compensatory problems and scar tissue with the aim of returning the horse to maximum health and fitness, restoring function and mobility. Whether utilised in the initial stages of recovery to relieve pain and inflammation or in the later stages of healing or in chronic conditions, physiotherapy can aid better quality repair of tissues and help to re-educate movement.
The Competition Horse
In the equine athlete physiotherapy can improve strength, flexibility and mobility which in turn can improve performance and schooling issues. Pre-season physiotherapy checks and checks as part of a maintenance health care regime during the season can help to identify issues at an early stage, assist tissue recovery post competition and help maintain performance at an optimum level whether eventing, racing, hunting, playing polo, competing in dressage, endurance or showjumping, attending pony club or riding club or simply hacking.
The Older Horse
General mobility and suppleness can be assisted by physiotherapy in the older horse helping to improve quality of life by reducing pain and stiffness and helping your old friend to continue his ridden career into his senior years or simply provide a happy, comfortable retirement.